It can happen to anyone coming to Miami Beach for the first time. You plan your trip months in advance. You book your hotel. You imagine a calm relaxing break from your winter blues. A little R’n'R is just what the doctor ordered. The day arrives and you board your flight to MIA or FLL. You notice something peculiar, everyone seems to be very trendy and hip on the flight with over the ear headphones. Did you forget something? Have you looked into your Twitter stream with a #miamibeach or #southbeach hashtag? That’s when you see #WMC and #WMC2013 all over the place.
What is #WMC and #WMC2013?
Well to locals in South Beach it is one of the best weeks of the year to hit as many parties as you can catching all of the best DJs in the world. It is the week that you just cab it everywhere and leave your car at home. The veterans will remind the newbies: wear your sunblock; stay hydrated; don’t overdo it in the first few days.
Too many times snowbirds come down and do everything in excess only to pay for it dearly their last days here. The sun here is still shining bright and you will burn and blister if you don’t put on some sunblock. You can still tan even with a layer of SPF. Don’t fall asleep on the beach during the day. Remember to drink water. If you have a headache, you probably are dehydrated. And remember everyone needs a little shuteye.
With these tips you should have the start to a successful Winter Music Conference experience. Oh wait, but I forgot the most important part!! You need tickets to get into all these parties! Some people wait until the last minute but they will pay dearly. The best events sell out. If they haven’t sold out then the prices will be crushing your wallet at the door. The best strategy is to have a gameplan and buy your tickets online. If you didn’t know this already, you can do online shopping for your club, festival, or hotel party experience.
Online shopping in advance helps guarantee that you and your friends will get tickets. You can analyze the different line-ups. And start doing the math to find out if it is better to pool a group together and get a table. Buying tables in advance gives you a chance to print out your entertainment write-off
Below is the official description of Winter Music Conference for attendees to the actual conference:
Winter Music Conference, in its 28th consecutive year, is one of the most publicized annual music gatherings in the world. A pivotal platform for the advancement of the industry, WMC attracts thousands of artists and music industry delegates from 70 countries and over 100,000 event attendees each year for a concentrated schedule of more than 500 events, parties, seminars and workshops.
Established in 1985, WMC is the largest EDM industry gathering of its kind in the world.
- 4.2 Billion+ media viewer impressions between October 2011 and April 2012
- 900+ articles published in more than 390 publications throughout 44 countries.
- 2,000,000+ visitors from 206 countries and territories logged on to the WMC website between October 2011 and March 2012.
- 100,000+ Event Attendees Each Year
- Thousands of Music Industry Delegates attend WMC each year from 70 countries.
- 2,300+ Artists and DJs performed during the 27th Annual WMC week in Miami & Miami Beach.
- 519 Total events presented at 134 venues across 10 days during the 2012 WMC week in Miami & Miami Beach.
- 568 Accredited Journalists participated in the WMC 2012 program.
- 40 Industry Panels, Seminars & Workshops presented at WMC 2012